Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fallen Friends

I think we all know someone dear to us who has 'fallen' -stuck, living their own personal hell. Sometimes they ask for help, sometimes not. Sometimes they have support at home, quite often not. Does this bring any one to mind? To change them to our thoughts of what and who they can be isn't really our right, and sometimes it's our thoughts that helped them become the way they are now.

Let's put this in a new light - when we know how wonderful, and beautiful and full of love we are, AND that each and every one of us has the same qualities, THEN this puts us in a place of power. Now we are in a place of truth and we can help.

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that."  Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832, Philosopher) 

No comments:

Post a Comment