Saturday, March 20, 2010

Get Out of Your Own Way

A dear friend of mine, a real sweetheart, came to me today and said the thing she was hoping the most for didn't happen. I, being the optomist that I am (actually, given the nature of universal law combined with attached emotion I know for fact it will manifest), said something better is coming to you. Puzzled, she sighed and walked away.




Case in point: 'Hope' is wishful thinking, not faithful manifesting. Hoping means there is a shadow of a doubt, and that's all it takes to make a dream, a desire, or a yearning remain out of physical reach.



As children, we went to church every Sunday. I didn't always understand why, or what the sermons were about (actually, I played or slept or fidgeted most of the time) but what stuck in my mind was "These things I do, you can do and more...", as well as "...come boldly to the thrown...". Now, I am not sure under what context, or passage, or verse these words were spoken, but they stuck.



Some 40 years later, I questioned them. Please don't misunderstand, I have not 'arrived' to my promised land, but I have put these words to the test. The thing is, it is not in our time, but in time. The powers that be, God, Buda, Universe, Creator, Bob, Joan......whatever name you attach to the entity we all come from, works in it's own time...not our time. Our time means I want it, and I want it now! Doesn't work that way.



Try it. Go boldly, with gratitude, to the thrown (ie. in prayer, or meditation or whatever it is you do in solice) and give thanks that it has already manifested. Creation wants to live through you....not regect your desires. It does not place blame, or guilt, or denial, or hurt or anything of that nature. The more we live, the more 'It' lives though you.



To my very dear friend, your heart is pure, I feel your desire, I have faith even if you don't.



Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment