Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sharing

 I will share my joy with others. Simply living a happy life gives me much to pass around. Living well and happily is no small accomplishment. It means that I am doing something right, that I understand some basic truths about living and prospering in this world. Life is fundamentally simple, but recognizing this and actually simplifying my life requires a strong and mindful resolve, the strength of character to resist the complicated aspects of life that lead to self-destruction. What I have come to know through happy living are the profound lessons passed down through the ages. Appreciating joy in my life and sharing it with others enhances and increases its presence for me.

Today I will share my joy.

Just as the wave cannot exist for itself. but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean, so must I never live my life for itself, but always in the experience which is going on around me. It is uncomfortable doctrine which the true ethics whisper into my ear. You are happy, they say; therefore you are called upon to give much. ...Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment