Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Horse and the Mule

Thank you, Jim, for another inspiring story! A teacher of mine once said to me, " Where I is, is where I is. BUT, where I'm going is up to me!" When we learn to accept the gifts we are born with, develope them and share them with the world, wonderful things happen.

"Traveling together, a horse sported a fine coat and a magnificent saddle with ornate decorations, while a mule was burdened with a heavy load. Its coat was matted and filled with burrs.


"Oh, how I wish I could be as beautiful and graceful as you are," the mule told the horse. "I wish, too, that I was as unburdened and carefree."


A few days later, a great war broke out and the horse went into battle while the mule carried supplies. During a skirmish, the horse was gravely wounded and lay dying upon the ground when the mule came upon him. It was then that the mule realized that in being himself, he had fulfilled his purpose and been kept safe.


The Moral of the story: Be secure in who you are.


You may look at others and what they have and wish you had the same characteristics or were in the same place as they. Ultimately, how you feel about who you are determines your level of self-esteem. Even though there are things you want to change about yourself, these things make up who you are today. No matter what your defects or imperfections, accept who you are in the present moment."

Please feel free to leave a comment, and........

Create a wonderful life!


No comments:

Post a Comment