Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hidden Beauty

What gives meaning to my life may lie beneath the surface. Today I will look not with my eyes but with my senses, to understand and experience what gives my life depth and importance. It is, at times, the promise of a hidden well that gives meaning to the surrounding atmosphere, the knowledge of a source of life that makes the day feel worthwhile and guides my mind closer to the mystery. Understanding comes more from direct experience rather than from collecting bits of information. I sense life's hidden meaning.

"The desert is beautiful", the little prince added. And that was true. I have always loved the desert. One sits down on a desert sand dune, seeing nothing, hearing nothing. Yet through the silence something throbs, and gleams... "What makes the desert beautiful, " said the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well."



Antoine de St. Exup

No comments:

Post a Comment