Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Self Love and Helping Others

As with so many people around the world, I awoke at the break of 2012 and wondered "What do I want to create this coming year?" "Do I want more of the same, or something grand?" Looking over last year turned into looking over this lifetime, and something very evident appeared to me, and it wasn't what I felt to be 'pretty'.

I realized that I wasn't giving enough of me to the people in my life, to the world at large. My intentions had always been based around income and 'me'. How could I get more money? What's in it for me? Although I truly believe that intentions spark the Universe, or God, to move into action to work with us in the attainment of our intentions, I realized that my intentions were backwards. To get what you want, you MUST help others get more of what they want - it's Natural Law.

My desires and intentions for this blog is that it grows into an online global community of people helping people - FOR FREE. At this point, this blog has several hits daily, for which I am grateful, however, it is not enough. Millions of people around the world need support, even if it is only inspirational support, and we are doing ourselves any favors by ignoring them or simply passing by.

My commitment and intention for 2012 is that this blog (which will transmute into a full website shortly) helps to improve the lives of 10,000 people around the world. It may sound big, but given the population, it is a drop in the ocean. My request of you, whoever you are that read these words, is that you leave a comment, become a follower, share the web-link, be a part of this movement.

In closing for today, I have posted the last 2 verses of "Desiderata" - these words were sent to me this morning by my father who has been an inspiration to me throughout this lifetime.

"Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.


Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.


Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment