Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Passing On

Last evening, I stood by with my wife and in laws and watched the last fleeting breath leave the earthly body of Pappa Stafford. Grandpa was a man I knew little of, though he left his 'mark' on me quite profoundly.

I recall his passion for cultivating roses so the neighborhood birds would come visit.
I remember his never-ending unconditional love for his family.
He had an unwavering faith in God and Heaven which was the foundation of his life.
At the age of 90, his handshake was one of a true man, a father, a grandfather, a friend, a husband and a pillar in society.

Ernie now lives in the place he held in his heart through two world wars, the early passing of a daughter, and the health battles he conquered over the last 18 months.

He will be sorrowly missed, though we know Ernie is now back from whence he came - with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment